Dean search committee co-chairs Labh Hira, ISU’s dean of the College of Business; and Susan Carlson, associate provost for faculty advancement and diversity, met with 16 others on the committee this week, according to a spokesperson.
Final candidates should visit the campus in the fall, and a new dean is expected in place by Jan. 1, 2011.
In addition to Hira and Carlson, the committee includes:
• Rodney Bagley, professor and chair, veterinary clinical sciences
• Rodney "Butch" Baker, clinician, veterinary diagnostic and production animal medicine
• DeLano, Oakland, Calif., alumnus, veterinary medicine
• Amanda Fales-Williams, assistant professor, veterinary pathology
• Tamara Hancock, DVM student
• David Hardin, associate dean, and professor and head of the School of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
• D. L. "Hank" Harris, professor, animal science department
• Anumantha Kanthasamy, Distinguished Professor in veterinary medicine; professor, biomedical sciences
• Renee Knosby, business manager, veterinary medicine administration
• Annette O'Connor, associate professor, veterinary diagnostic and production animal medicine
• Amanda Ramer-Tait, research scientist, veterinary microbiology and preventive medicine
• James Roth, Distinguished Professor in veterinary medicine; professor, veterinary microbiology and preventive medicine
• Kimberly Van Driel, DVM student
• Bianca Zaffarano, clinician, veterinary clinical sciences
• Kurt Zuelke, director, National Animal Disease Center
• Ruth Birch, executive vice president and provost office
Applications or nominations for the position may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .