Some nonveterinarians can now perform bovine embryo transfer in Nebraska

May 01, 2012
By staff

LINCOLN, NEB. — Nonveterinarians with a master's degree in animal science may now perform bovine embryo transplantation, including recovering, freezing and transfer.

Legislative Bill 686 was signed into law March 14 and allows anyone who has earned a master's degree in animal science (with an emphasis in reproductive physiology) from an accredited college or university to perform bovine embryo transplantation procedures. The individual must also be able to show proof of valid professional liability insurance, according to the new law.